U.S.A. - Glazed Holiday Ham - Holiday Recipe Series
Holiday Recipe Series curated by Cotton Culinary Executive Chef, Wade Schindler.
The Cotton companies have grown so much in the past few years that we’ve even expanded to other countries. This holiday season, we’d like to honor some of the countries that have opened up their homes to us by presenting traditional holiday recipes from each.
Ready to make a holiday feast as diverse as Cotton? Let’s get started with the U.S.A. and a succulent glazed holiday ham.
- 1 7-to-8-pound bone-in ham
- Whole cloves
- 1½ teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup dry sherry
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Place the ham on a rack in a large roasting pan. Create a diamond pattern across the meat by scoring it diagonally left to right, then right to left. Place a whole clove inside each diamond.
2. Add 1-2 cups of water to the bottom of the pan, then bake the ham, uncovered, 25 minutes for each pound if it is raw and about half that time if it is a ready-to-eat ham.
3. In a bowl, combine the mustard and the brown sugar, then add the sherry to make a thick paste. Spread the mixture over the ham approximately 20 minutes before it is ready to remove from the oven, then bake until a crust has formed. Enjoy!