Mediterranean Watermelon Salad - Summer Recipe Series
The Summer Recipe Series will include curated items by Cotton Culinary Executive Chef, Wade Schindler.
Looking for a quick recipe for your next summer party? You can't go wrong with an easy, fresh and super light Mediterranean watermelon salad. This dish can be ready in 15 minutes, allowing you to focus on your special guests!
For the Honey Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 to 2 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
For the Watermelon Salad
- 1/2 watermelon, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 English (or Hot House) cucumber, cubed (about 2 cupfuls of cubed cucumbers)
- 15 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, more to your liking
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice, olive oil and pinch of salt. Set aside for a moment.
2. In a large bowl or serving platter with sides, combine the watermelon, cucumbers, and fresh herbs.
3. Top the watermelon salad with the honey vinaigrette and gently toss to combine. Top with the feta cheese and serve. Enjoy!
If making ahead, prepare ingredients, then store each in the fridge in separate containers. Add the dressing and mix the salad together just a few minutes before serving.
As this can be a watery salad, we suggest you eat this up on the same day it was made. But, if you need to store leftovers, store in a tight-lid glass container for a night or two (test before serving.)