Easy Mousse Cup Recipe for Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is right around the corner and we’ve got a great idea for the DIY gifters! Surprise the special woman in your life with a fluffy mousse dessert that’s sure to make her smile. Follow the instructions below and try to resist eating it all yourself!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 12 oz hard cream cheese - do not take out of the fridge until ready to use to avoid softening
- 10 oz non-dairy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, only the yolks
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 18 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup margarine
- About 7 oz grated white chocolate
- Your topping of choice, such as nuts, granola, sprinkles, chocolate chips or fruit
For the mousse
- Using a handheld mixer and a bowl mix the sugar and egg yolks.
- Carefully add the milk, confectioners’ sugar and cream cheese, and continue mixing until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream until thick.
- Take your whipping cream and fold gently into the cream cheese bowl, mixing until well combined. Let the mixture rest in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble your mousse cups.
- Next, blend your graham crackers in the food processor until they turn into small crumbs.
- Melt the margarine and pour into the graham cracker crumbs to combine. Set aside until you’re ready to assemble.
- In a third bowl, combine grated white chocolate and your topping of choice.
Building your mousse cups
- Now that all your assets are prepared, it’s time for the fun!
- Remove your mousse mixture from the fridge and place in a piping bag. If you don’t have piping bags on hand, a small spoon will suffice.
- Begin distributing the graham cracker mix into the bottom of each parfait glass, add a layer of the mousse, top with shredded white chocolate and toppings, and repeat until the glass is full.
- Once each glass has been layered, place in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
To all of the women who have raised us, supported us and inspired us to be extraordinary, Happy Mother’s Day!