Make Spaghetti Worms with Bolognese this Halloween
Halloween recipe curated by Cotton Culinary Executive Chef, Wade Schindler.
Nothing says Halloween like a bowl of spaghetti worms. Gather your friends for a fun Halloween evening and treat them to this spooky, delicious meal. Don’t worry -- no worms were harmed in the making of this recipe.
Share your creation on Instagram and tag us @CottonCulinary – we’d love to see the look on your friends’ faces when you pull out a bowl of “worms!”
- Kosher salt
- 1-pound squid ink spaghetti
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1-pound ground beef
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more to add as a topping later
1. Add water and salt to a pot and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Once ready, drain the water.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until onion is translucent.
3. Add the ground beef and ½ tsp of salt and pepper each. As it cooks, use a wooden spoon to break the meat into small pieces until browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Pour the crushed and diced tomatoes, plus their juices and basil, into the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 15 minutes. Stir in the cheese right before serving.
5. Divide the pasta among the small cups and spoon the Bolognese sauce on top. Sprinkle with more cheese.
We hope you enjoy this spooky and delicious dish!