Steak Kabobs - Summer Recipe Series
The Summer Recipe Series will include curated items by Cotton Culinary Executive Chef, Wade Schindler.
Not many things go together as well as summer weather and grilling. Next in our summer recipe series are easy steak kabobs! Featuring fresh vegetables and a succulent marinade, these kabobs are bursting with complimentary flavors. Ready in under 15 minutes, this dish will be a summer staple!
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Hot cooked rice
1. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Add beef; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
2. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables; discard marinade. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat until beef reaches desired doneness, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with rice. Enjoy!